YOUNG AMBASSADOR OF THE 21st CENTURY FINALS WEEKEND 2018
Booking Form Below
Friday 22nd February to Sunday 24th February 2019 at
The Village Hotel, Castlegate Park, Dudley DY1 4TB, 01384 888830
AIM OF THE SCHEME
The scheme operates throughout Europe and aims to recognise, encourage and support young people who are actively involved in the welfare of the community.
To be eligible, candidates must have reached their 15th birthday, but not their 19th birthday on or before 30th June in the year in which the MD Final is to be held.
1 Candidates are selected by a Lions, Leos or Lioness Club. Each club is responsible for actively sponsoring the candidate at subsequent levels.
2 Each participating club is asked to contribute £30, of which should be forwarded by the District Treasurer to the Youth Trust.
3 Candidates will progress through various levels (Club and District) up to MD Final. The MD Final winner will progress to the European Final to be held at Europa Forum.
All participants in the MD Final will win a bursary of £500.
For the winner of the MD Final, the award consists of ….
- A further bursary of £1000
- The Winterflood Securities Ltd. Silver Rose Bowl, held for one year
- A small silver replica of the Winterflood Securities Ltd. Rose Bowl presented at the end of their year as Young Ambassador winner
- A commitment to address the MD Convention in the winning year, with expenses paid by the Youth Trust and in the following year to report back on acheivements
- An invitation to the MD International Youth Centre, with expenses paid by the Multiple District
- A commitment to participate in the Young Ambassador of the 21st Century European Award, to be held at Europa Forum later in the same year.
- JUDGING OF THE CANDIDATES FOR THE AWARDS
- Candidates involvement in community service, up to 50% of the marks
- Personality and leadership qualities, up to 15%
- Proposed use of the bursary, up to 15%
- Ability to speak for up to 3 minutes about community activities, up to 20%
USE OF THE BURSARIES
These bursaries are to be used to support the candidates’ projects or for training to develop the candidates potential to carry out their welfare work. They are not interned to be for the personal financial benefit of the candidates.
WHERE TO FIND CANDIDATES
- Leo Clubs
- Youth clubs
- Scouts and Guides
- Cadets (Army, Police and ATC)
- St John Ambulance
- Red Cross
- Other youth organisations