Trustees of Lions Sight Savers campaign update new club presidents on the initiative.
- Over £3 million donated since Lions Sight Savers Trust formed in 1982
- 100% of donations go to projects managed by Sightsavers
- Sightsavers aim is to eliminate avoidable blindness and get equality for people with disabilities.
- £30 will fund one 20 minute cataract operation
- 314 million people are blind or visually impaired
- 75% of their conditions are avoidable or preventable
- 90% of world’s visually impaired people live in developing countries
Click here to download: Sight Savers Newsletter 2014