Welcome - How can we help you?
For club information, type Directory in search box
Try searching for single words rather than phrases
Lions Clubs Insurance & Public Liability
Lions Clubs Insurance
|MD Title:||MD Insurance Advisor|
I work from 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday, could you please try to call after 5pm with any insurance queries.
- Lions Insurance Broker is Specialist Risk Insurance Solutions Ltd
- All events must be notified to the MD Insurance Adviser, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any event selling alcohol will need additional cover from the MD Insurance Adviser, email email@example.com
This is the most recent Summary of Cover – as at November 2022
Contingent Motor Cover
Cover is with Amlin (the same as last year). Premiums for cover are:
All COVID-19 government guidelines must be adhered to.
Prices are per vehicle. Should more than one vehicle be involved in towing a Christmas Sleigh, each will be subject to an individual premium.
The policy will automatically give cover for damage to the sleigh attached to the vehicle or when unattached provided it is in the proximity of the vehicle (for example: outside a shop during a fund-raising collection).
Amlin requires the following vehicle details to confirm cover:
- Engine size
- Cover required
- Duration of cover
- Driver details
- Where the vehicle is kept overnight
Please email details of your requirements to Insurance@lionsclubs.co.uk
Public liability exclusion for alcohol sales
The Lions Clubs International Master Foreign Liability policy contains the following exclusion:
“Bodily injury” or “property damage” for which any insured may be held liable by reason of:
- Causing or contributing to the intoxication of any person;
- The furnishing of alcoholic beverages to a person under the legal drinking age or under the influence of alcohol; or
- Any statute, ordinance, or regulation relating to the sale, gift, distribution, or use of alcoholic beverages.
This exclusion applies only if you are in the business of manufacturing, distributing, selling, serving, or furnishing alcoholic beverages.
Based on the nature of Lions operations, it is believed a Lions Club(s) could be found to be “in the business of selling or serving alcohol” and therefore coverage related to the selling or serving of alcohol would need to be insured separately. The above provision does not exclude coverage for all loss from a function or activity where alcohol is served. We understand that laws vary by jurisdiction so a club would need to understand how local regulations impact their need for liquor coverage.
Public liability insurance requirements
The insurance broker, no longer requires an event checklist to be completed for any event. They do require a risk assessment to be completed for all events. This document must be held on file and will be requested in the event of a claim.
Club Property Cover
All clubs have cover for £20,000 club property to include equipment and regalia.
Should a club require cover above £20,000 please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The limit of cover provided for money at an event is £5,000. To cover a greater amount, underwriting details need to be provided. Please complete the additional money questionnaire in the above folder and send it to email@example.com
|Temporary money cover||Cost|
£5,000- £10,000: Own carryings/Cash limit:
|£84 inc IPT per event|
|£10,001-£25,000: Own carryings/Cash limit:
£10,001-£25,000: Contingency security company carryings
£10,001-£25,000: Cash in safe
|£140 inc IPT per event|
|£25,001-£40,000: Own carryings/Cash limit:
£25,001-£40,000: Contingency security company carryings
£25,001-£40,000: Cash in safe
|£280 inc IPT per event|
Cancellation Cover for Events
This covers the loss of funds spent to set up an event. To obtain this cover, please complete the Hiscox special events proposal in the above folder and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the is taking place outside, the outdoor event questionnaire will also need to be completed and emailed.
Vehicle and sleigh cover stipulations
Please note the following stipulations:
- Santa must be wearing a seat belt when in motion.
- A sleigh’s maximum speed when Santa is on board is to be no more than four miles per hour.
- No person, other than Santa, may ride on a sleigh.
- Amlin requires risk assessments for all evening use to include a pre-visit to locations. This needs to detail major hazards, such as parked cars and potholes. Previous claims by Lions Clubs have involved one or the other of these.
- It is suggested that sleights avoid driving down streets with cars parked on both sides. Most accidents occur when there has been insufficient spare to turn in such situations.
- Cover will not be provided for any driver with more than six points on their licence. Details need to be presented to Amlin in advance of allowing cover for any driver who has had more than one claim in the last three years.
To obtain cover for vehicles for the towing of sleighs, send details of the vehicles and trailers to be covered, and the duration for which cover is required to email@example.com
Requests should be sent as early as possible to allow time for discussion with the insurers. Should a quote be needed by a particular date, this must be advised when a request for cover.
Details of any potential claim must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this to be processed, it is important to send as much detail about the claim as possible.