Mother and Father Christmas ready to meet local families thanks to Bungay Area Lions Club
The popular Bungay Area Lions Club Santa Sleigh is taking to the streets of Bungay and surrounding villages from Sunday 1st December to Thursday 17th December.
The Club’s president, Michael Gardiner, explains that a few surprises are in store this year:
“As Christmas is a family time, we’ve invited Mother Christmas to join Father Christmas and meet lots of local girls and boys, young and old, who love to see the Santa Sleigh. We’ve also added some new places on the route to make the run up to Christmas special for more local families.”
The Lions Club Sleigh is making its debut at the Bungay Street Market on Sunday 1st December, from 9.00am to 3.00pm – providing an added attraction for the thousands of visitors expected to visit the town for this event.
Another first is that the Santa Sleigh will visit Burgh Apton, being located at Green Pastures Garden Centre on Saturday 7th December from 11.00am to 3.00pm. A trip to Earsham is another new stop on the route this year, with the Sleigh located at the Village Hall Car Park from 6.30-7.30pm on Tuesday 10th December.
From Wednesday 4th to Thursday 17th December, Mother Christmas or Father Christmas will be on board the Sleigh to talk with children about their holiday wishes. Mother and Father Christmas also help the friendly Lions charity to collect funds to support good causes and help those in need in the local community.
Full details of the Santa Sleigh route can be found below and on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bungay.lions.
- Sunday 1st December 2019 from 9.00am – 3.00pm: Buttercross for Bungay Street Market.
- Wednesday 4th December from 6.00pm – 7.30pm approx.: Bigod Road, Howard Road, Throckmorton Road, Waveney Road Estates
- Thursday 5th December from 6.00pm – 7.30pm approx.: Queens Road, Dukes Road, Princes Road, Kings Road, John Childs Way, Thomas Bardwell Drive, George Baldry Way, Ethel Mann Way.
- Saturday 7th December from 11.00am – 3.00pm: Green Pastures Garden Centre. Burgh Apton.
- Sunday 8th December from 4.30pm – 7.30pm approx.: Ditchingham
- Monday 9th December from 6.00pm – 7.30pm approx.: Kents Lane, Farm Close, Beccles Road, Garden Close, The Staithe,Wingfield Street.
- Tuesday 10th December from 6.30pm – 7.30pm approx.: Earsham Village Hall Car Park
- Wednesday 11th December from 6.00pm – 7.30pm approx.: Joyce Road Estates, Mayfair Road Estates, Pigrims Way Estates.Saturday 14th December from 9.00am to 3.00pm: Bungay Co-op.
- Monday 16th December from 6.00pm – 7.30pm approx.: Hillside Road West, Jubilee Estate, Flixton Road, Mountbatten Road, Messenger Close
- Tuesday 17th December from 6.00pm to 7.30pm approx.: Tower Mill Road, Southend Road, Bardolph Road, Rosehall Gardens, St Johns Road.